Monday, September 26, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem #writing

Meander 1 - Poem - Dead End Street

One way traffic...dead end street.
Stop sigh at the corner.
Don't go in there. There's no way out.
Marie doesn't see the sigh.
Drives ahead...slowly crawls.
The wall at the end is a solid mass.
The wheels spin.
The engine roars.
Fenders bump the wall.
No way front. No way back.
Stay.

Meander 2 - Fall has come and this is my favorite part of the year. I love the thoughts of harvest and the cooler days. The brilliance of leaves on the trees always makes me smile. The tree in out yard becomes almost garnet in color. Sort of red and sort of purple.  The fall is a good contrast to the spring colors of all white flowers against the bright green leaves. Fall also means Halloween and children out with their costumes. I so enjoy watching them and handing out treats. Fall also means Thanksgiving with the feasts one should not over eat but does. Fall brings other more serious things. Elections and this one is a dilly. I'll not mention anything about the candidates and why I think they run. Fall also brings Veterans' Day when we think about those we have lost. Though there are moments of sadness during fall, I still feel lifted by the change from the heat of summer.

Meander 3 - Writing. I'm beginning to feel good about the new story as I'm workking on the plot draft. This means tightening and ridding the story of those dreadful plot holes. Like a death in chapter 1 and a live appearance in chapter 9. This character isn't needed for other than a mention. She's gone and will stay gone. I'm still typing in and editing Past Betrayals as I go along. I've almost finished segment three and there will only be five to go. Also reformatting stories for BWL and groaning when I find mistakes that should have been picked up in the proofing. Someone said no story is ever released perfect. I think I believe them.

No comments: