Monday, November 28, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #poem #writing

Meander 1 _ Poem - Myths

The gods of yore have passed away,
And in their steads have come today,
A kind of blankness in our souls.
No longer do we hear the belling tolls
That take us to the breathless heights.
And when we are alone at night
We find ourselves just that. We cry
Aloud but now our souls are dry.

Meander 2 - Thanksgiving. On Thursday I baked a turkey. There's nothing odd about that since it was Thanksgiving. The interesting bit was I cooked the turkey in my grandmother's roasting pan. The pan must be somewhere between 70 and 80 years old. The pan is great and when I use it, I find myself thinking about my grandmother and how she loved to make Thanksgiving dinner. What I really remember is that she ate very little of the dinner she cooked. I wondered why and realized after cooking all that food she wasn't hungry. I was the same on Thursday and ate just a taste of everything. But the food was good as the family and our guest testified.

Meander 3 - Writing - I'm continuing with Cancer-Capricorn Connection and the book should be done by the middle of January. I did the art sheet for this book and also begun the one for Past Betrayals. Hopefully it also will be done by the end of January. Then it will be off to something new and that is the Leo-Aquarius Connection and the planning on the Virgo-Pisces Connection and that series will be done.

2 comments:

Judy Baker said...

I'm the same way, Janet. I love Thanksgiving. Our family gets together to eat around a table filled with food and a turkey that my husband cooked. I find I don't eat much either, maybe because by the time I take my seat at the table, it feels good to sit and chat and enjoy the family.

Janet Lane Walters said...

Thanks for visiting and sahring.