Monday, September 1, 2008

Interview with the villain from Obsessions

I'm here with the villain from Obsessions by Janet Lane Walters published by Hardshell Word Factory. Sir, what is your name?

I'd rather not say. I don't want those people to know.

Though I can understand your desire for secrecy, I would like to call you something.

Then Fred. Mommy called me her delight and her sweet boy. It's because of her that I have to do these things.

And why is that?

When I was a boy, my daddy died in a hunting accident. He was not a nice man. Then the neighborhood bully died and a man who was nice to Mommy but mean to me. Mommy liked the gifts I gave her. She gave me a promise.

And that was?

"I will never leave you. They'll have to kill me first."

Who are they?

Mommy was in the hospital. She coded. Before they chased me I saw them gathered around her bed. They killed her. Her doctor didn't come. He sent his nephew. Mommy didn't like them. There were a lot of other people there. They killed Mommy.

Did they?

Yes. If they hadn't she would be alive. She promised she would never leave me. They would have to kill her first. The practical nurse stole the bracelet I gave Mommy. Everyone at that code was responsible for her death.

Even Susan?

Yes, though she was Mommy's favorite nurse she didn't keep Mommy alive. I liked Susan, too but I had to act.

How many people did you kill?

I'm not sure. But they all deserved to die. For a long time, no one suspected the deaths were murders. They looked like accidents, except the first one but then I just happened on her.

Do you have anything more you'd like to say?

They had to die. "I promise I will never leave you. They'll have to kill me first." That's what Mommy said.

To learn how many deaths Fred caused, check out Obsessions.

No comments: