Monday, August 30, 2010

My Writing Life - Two contracts

Last week I sent off contracts for a re-release of Moon Bright; Moon Dark renamed Mistress of the Moons and for Healwoman Dark Moon. I think these are two of the best things I've done. Spent yesterday looking at covers. Loved one, but not either of the suggested ones for the second. That's the way life goes but I'm so pleased to have the power to say I like or don't like a cover. Contracting these two books adds more books to my writing. There are four more Healwomen books that are partly written meaning I must get them out and see when I can fit them into my schedule. In one of them I'll be redeeming a villain from Healwoman Dark Moon, since I really fell in love with the character.

Writers -- Falling in love with a character, but I feel I do this to most of mine. My love doesn't really matter but that of the readers does.

Also got a request for a copy of my book from a group I belong to to send it to a person. Rather than a download, they want a paper copy. I guess there's room for both kind of books in this time. Kind of exciting to think.

3 comments:

Wendy S Marcus said...

Congrats on all your successes, Janet!

Yolanda said...

Glad to know print and electronic are both in demand! Congrats on the new books!

Taryn Kincaid said...

I don't know if I fall in love with all my characters, but I definitely fall in love with my heroes.

(And sometimes their brothers.)