Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday's Inspiration - Creativity and Courage

Being inspired when a grandchild is crying non-stop is very hard but she is happy now. I'll get to the regular inspiration in a few sentences. What inspired me was when the crying stopped the grandchild smiled. So twenty minutes of tears followed by a full day of smiles and laughter is an inspiration/

In re-reading The Courage To Create by Rollo May I came across something I underlined 35 years ago early in my writing career. What I wrote in the margin of the book. Since this book was mine and would remain mine for all these years, I wrote my impressions throughout the book. Here's the quote that blew mt mind back then and may still be true. "They knock on silence for an answering music, they pursue meaninglessness until they can force it to mean." Those words speak to me still.

That's what happens when I begin a new work and fumble through a rough draft. Then I come to the end and then must go to the beginning and make sesne of what is sometimes random searching for the meaning until I finally find what I am seeking.

No comments: