Monday, February 24, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters

 Meander 1 - Trends - Writers try to look at trends and there are those who imitate them. Do they come out ahead or are there a lot of clone books out there that flood the market? I have a problem of trying to write what I think I would like to read and I also noticed many things about my own writing. The ones with doctors and nurses or hospital settings tend to do better than the ones that are fantasies. The mysteries also do well. But I love fantasies and mysteries but I also like medical romances. I guess I don't follow the trends since I don't write vampires or shape-shifters or BDSM. I guess I just like to write and don't think of the trends.

Meander 2 - JeRoWriMo - I've been writing this month to try to hit the 30,000 word goal. I made it but the rest of the days of the month I'll have to get back to the things I've been neglecting. One is to get a book up on CreateSpace. The other is to write a farewell to the Jewels of the Quill a promotional group I've been part of since I'm not sure when and that is the point. I think I've been a member for 10 plus years but I can't be sure. I guess I'll wing it.

Meander 3 - My writing. I've finally gotten a firm outline for Toth's Priest and will be able to get moving on that but the push is to finish the drafts on Melodic Dreams making sure the emotions and settings are clear enough for others to see. Sometimes I get into they did this and they did that scenario and forget about the little touches that make the story come alive. I should be ready for the clean-up work on this story by the end of March and get it off to the publisher. Then getting the 2 rights back books into the proper format for BWL while working on the final book of the trilogy. Also trying to get the first of the YA series into print so I can see if a local bookstore will let me have a signing, Will see how that goes.

No comments: