Monday, August 4, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - Not sure what to call this but it's sort of about courtesy, routine and wondering. Maybe marketing. One of the things a writer must do is to gain notice. There are a lot of places one can do this. When you're a guest on a blog, do you check in several times a day so you can comment to what others say. I try to do this on other blogs but often neglect my own, Must try to change that soon. Another place is Twitter. I have followers and I try to retweet their posts. I find only a few of my friends return the favor. Then there's Facebook, an entity I'm still figuring out. Lately I've been trying to go to each of the groups I belong to there and reading down the posts and commenting and  at least liking. Life becomes filled with these little things but I don't stay on the computer for this sort of thing more than ten to fifteen minutes at a sitting.

Meander 2 - The disappearing book. Twice yesterday I had things disappear. One was a part of a chapter on my current WIP. Couldn't find it so I've started typing again. The other was a book on my Kindle where I was reading and not sure what I did but suddenly, I couldn't find it. Happened when I was downloading some other books. I'll figure this out someday. I'll try another approach today.

Meander 3 - Toth's Priest is moving forward.There are 15 chapters to do a complete re-write on. This is really the time when I take those scenes and shake them out to rid the story of the wrinkles. Often means doubling a scene. I sort of write in layers. Sometimes I get slack on the layers. This time I'll make sure every layer is there.

No comments: