Monday, August 18, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - Boring books when one must read all or part of doesn't make me happy but I'm glad to do this for the organizations I'm part of. How many pages does one have to read before they are bored, bored, bored. I've heard it said three pages will either hook or turn off an editor. What about a reader? I've decided it's when the reader doesn't want to turn the page to read the next. So far for the past two conferences I've judged, I haven't found one book I'd want to move on to read to the end. Some almost made the cut. Oh, well, there will be another contest to be judged before long.

Meander 2 - Summer is drawing to an end, Actually there is another month of the season. My writing productivity always slows down during the summer and this is odd because there's little different about my routine during the summer months. Perhaps I'll figure this out one day.

Meander 3 - Writing on Toth's Priest is progressing but there are about eight or nine chapters that are proving stubborn to flow with the smoothness I want. I'll continue to hack at them until I discover a way to make them shine.

No comments: