Monday, September 8, 2014

Meandering On Monday With Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Suspense


Meander 1 - I'd like to thank John Cullen of Clocktower books for making life so easy in getting my single book back. I have tried for other books and some publishers make life simply horrendous wanting me to sign papers saying I won't speak about this to anyone, I enjoyed being the only romance writer among a group of science fiction writers, but nothing moved on the book for over a year so the time had come. I sent John an email. He said no problem. Just let me know you want to do this. I wrote back saying go ahead. In less than four hours in all places where the book had been for sale, they were down. Took three months with another publisher and I had to write and remind the person in charge. So here's a salute to John. It's been a long and interesting time with his company.

Meander 2 - Tried an experiment with my blog and found it interesting. As for visits they were down. One thing I did differently was not to post on all the groups I'm a member of. The other thing was the featured person did little to nothing that I could see about promoting. The odd thing is the people who promote their times on my blog certainly get more hits. So if someone welcomes you to their blog, promote it frequently and go to visit amd make comments, or at least a thanks for having me.

Meander 3 - Am doing the final cleanup of Toth's Priest. Will take me most of this week to accomplish that. Then I must do the bit to submit the book to the publisher. Then on to cleaning up the book I got back and making sure the book is up to date. Things do change over the years, Feels good to finish one and know I have two projects waiting in line to appear.

No comments: