Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday - Talking About My books Moon Summoned #MFRWauthor #BooksWeLove


Initially I was going to write a trilogy but found that I needed to wind the story of these three women together. The story began with a dream, a newspaper article and my love of medicine. This story uses part of a myth about the three stages of a woman, the young woman cast here as a warrior, the mother figure who is a healer and the crone who became the seeker of justice.

The dream was of an old woman who had been a patient and her husband had just died. They'd been married for 60 years, had no children and she mentioned how she wanted to die. The article was about a gymnast who nearly became a wheelchair person after a fall. And the medicine goes back to my nursing.

The story unwound from there and developed until bringing the three heroes, three heroines and three villains together for a magical battle that rather exhausted me to write. Writing action usually does that to me. But writing fantasy was fun for me. I've read fantasy for years and enjoy putting my won twist when I develop my worlds. Building worlds is fun.


Three Moon Summoned women. Ashiera the Seer who controls the winds and sees into the thoughts of others. Dian the Warrior who controls fire and fights with the sword. Egeria the Healer who controls fluids and heals those who are injured. They are joined in their battle by Sieper a sailor who knows the winds, Kobe once sworn to the Lord of Shadows and Jetan a healer of animals. These three vow to help the three women against those sworn to Evil.
Lugal the Cabal reads the winds and thoughts. Sargon the Gladius controls fire and the armies of the Lord of Shadow. Lugal the Cabal has knowledge of herbs and uses them for evil. These three with their cohorts will face the three and three sworn to the Mistress of the Moons.

If you want to read more about how three dying women are summoned by the moon and are given new life, shared and integrated by three women of a world beyond time and space.

Moon Summoned   



No comments: