Monday, December 22, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - The holidays are closer and closer. My life has been hectic lately but I have managed to decorate the tree with the help of my granddaughter. The tree is a new one and is  artificial since watering a fresh cut tree is too much for the old folks. Putting on the ornaments is a lot of fun and brings back memories. One ornament is from the tree my parents put up. Amazingly the green yarn string has survived. There's also an ornament from the first tree my husband and I erected. A very small tree since we had a very small apartment. So I put ornaments and think of the many memories. I also managed to put the crystal figures on a table. They usually go on the mantle but there is now a television on the mantle but they look beautiful on the coffee table with the lights fixed so they show through the crystal.

Meander 1
2 - Since Christmas is almost here so is New Years. I don't make resolutions. Many people do but I know I will find a way to break them. No resolutions.

Meander 3 - Working on Divided Dreams and am discovering new things about the plot every time I sit down to write the story. Have finished the rough draft and am now putting in the new things I discovered. Stories are often like balls of tangled yarn. There can be many ends and it takes patience to find where each end leads. That's what I'm doing now and it's fun to discover all the twists and turns of the plot and of the characters. The hero and heroine have a past that was hurtful to her and in some ways to him. They now have a present that is forcing them to confront the past. I'm hoping they will have the future I've envisioned. That takes finding the right string in the tangle.

No comments: