Monday, June 22, 2015

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #amwriting

Meander 1 - Flipping Channels - I don't like commercials and seldom watch them so I flip through channels. There are times when the flip helps me with my writing. Once the Discovery Channel saved my book. I learned the time period I chose in ancient Egypt had no camels. Since camels were essential to the book as were horses. They had horses but no camels. The time became one in an alternate Egypt. Other programs have helped me design rooms in houses or apartments, discover hairstyles and food preparations. So flipping channels has been important to me as a writer.

Meander 2 - The car fixed itself but today decided to unfix. I have an early hybrid car that is nearing fifteen years old. Tomorrow I will take it to the shop and pray it's not the hybrid engine that's gone wacky again. I don't want a new car. I don't like hatchbacks nor dashboards that look like they belong in an airplane. Mine is simple and simple is what I want.

Meander 3 - Nearing the end of the revisions of Divided Dreams my Cancer heroine and Gemini hero. The book is longer and taken more since most of the stories in this series have been around 30,000 words. This one looks to be abour 45000 words but stories must be as long as they need to be. I'l expecting a book back for edits and then I will have a new one up. Still working on the first of seven that should be mine back by the first of the year. We will see what happens there.

No comments: