Monday, July 20, 2015

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #amwriting


Meander 1 - Nicknames are interesting and I often wonder how people recieve them. I do know about mine and most people don't realize what it is. For most of my childhood I went by Jay. Being one of two girls on a street with a lot of boys the name fit. My friend was Louie, another girl. Not sure I remember the names or nicknames of the boys. Then came the one. I go by ShadyL for my email stuff. People often think it should be Shady Lady. Not true, I am anything but shady. Remember the song "The Naughty Lady of Shady Lane." That's where the name came to be. With Lane as my last name what could be more fun. I once while in nurses' training and on a blind date with another crazy nurse told my date and hers my name was Shadella Marie. They bought the name though they thought it was odd. Thus my nickname. Does anyone else have a crazy story about what they were called.

Meander 2 - Aging furniture. Now my bones are aging and sometimes creak but lately my recliner has joined in on the fun. Really hurts since this is a very comfortable plush recliner that has served me well and has been there for many of my books. This recliner has a back that can be removed for easy transport from one floor in the house to another. Here's hoping I don't have to bury it. I think I've used it for at least fifteen years.

Meander 3 - My writing. Next week will see me doing the final edits and making wonderful Divided Dreams so I can send it off to my publisher. What was going to be a 30,000 word novella has grown to over 40,000 words or a short novel. There are some scenes that need improvement so in a couple of weeks I can send it off. Have almost finished the rough draft of Wizards of Fyre. Will spend the next few months working to make this book as perfect as I can. Nothing is perfect. One can always find things they want to change after the book is published. But here's the thing. The next one will be perfect or almost.

No comments: