Monday, October 12, 2015

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem #writing


Meander 1 - This week's poem is a trip into childhood memories

Call The Kids For Dinner, Dear

Summer sidewalks shimmer heat.
The men come home from the mills.
Black lunch boxes - thermoses rattle
Against the empty sides.
Dinner's cooking - smells in the air
Cabbage, spaghetti, meatloar, noodles.
Call the kids for dinner, dear.

My father, bald, hawk beaked
Walks to the wooden porch.
Tee shirt, scooped nexk
Pittsburgy gray
Beats his chest in a Tarzan cry
Calling his kids for dinner.

Why does he have to yortle so?
Flushed, red, and not from sun
I slink to the backyard door
So no one knows he's my old man.

Meader 2 - A complaint - Why do men never listen when they come to do some work on the house. The basement was flooded si I needed the drain snaked out. I took them to the basement and shwoed them the drain. "This is the one where there's always a problem." I left them to work. They said they couldn't get through the one I showed them but they did another drain. "It's fine now." Their assessment so I paid them. The next day the basement was still flooded. They had to come back and clear the drain I first pointed out. Fortunately they didn't charge but left with warnings.

Meander 3 - Writing is going well. Typing not so good. I must pick up the pace there since I'll soon have another draft done. I really want to finish this story but it's rather complicated. I have to make sure all the pieces fit. Wizards will be finished before the end of the year. That's the goal.

No comments: