Monday, November 30, 2015

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #writing

Meander 1 - Poem - Distant Drums

I hear thunder in the distance
Like the rolling beat of drums
Or the trucks upon the thruway
At night when I'm alone.
I shall listen to the pulsing
Of a million hearts in one
And wonder what I'm hearing
In the steady thrumming sound.
Is perhaps a new day coming
Is there freedom in the air.
Keep on rolling distant drums
'Til I can catch the beat.

Meander 2 - Courtesy - At the grocery store yesterday I had an odd experience. There were a lot of groceries I was buying. I have my own grocery bags. Informed the cashier of that. Now usually the men and women who man the registers help me when they finish putting all the goods thrugh the scanner. Did she - this beautiful young women. She studied her manicure even after I said here are a couple of bags. She wanted me to pay before the groceries were all in the bags. I will remember her name and face. I'm giving her one chance but not another.

Meander 2 - My writing is going smoothly and by January I will finish Wizards of Fyre. During my trip to south Jersey I had time to think about my friend's book that I'm attempting to finish. Know more about the hero's problems that will add up to more scenes in the book. He has some restraint because he can't date an employee if he didn't know her before she began work. He doesn't remember her from the wedding. He also has learned he has no real friends and he must learn to live with his brothers. Going to be fun.

No comments: