Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday - What She Was Before - featuring Charmaine Gordon #MFRWauthor

. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

Listen while I tell you a story of an Air Force wife who wrote skits to entertain at the fancy Air Force Club Dinners every Sunday.  And off he went so I got a job at a local shop in Shreveport. And then my pilot flew far away for this was the Korean war. I got a job modeling and drawing ads for the local department store in Shreveport. My sweetheart returned and of course Pregnancy occurred. When he left for Africa, I worked in a music shop and met Mel Torme, a famous singer. He came in with his entourage. Much fun with Chicago Conversation until he left. Then I colored photos for a major shop. That’s the way it was done way back then. Later on when we were were civilians , after moving all over the country we settled in NY bringing with us many children and a new life. When she, my only girl, turned sixteen, I drove to NYC to see if I could make a living and boy did I ever. Movies, Daytime drama, Stage, Voice overs for Betty White. What a time.

2 Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above. I write Romance with Suspense all with a touch of humor.



3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?
No. I read murder and mystery.















4. What's your latest release?When Double Becomes Single


5. What are you working on now? A humorous story title Six Degrees of Persperation


6. Where can we find you?
Face Book AuthorCharmaine Gordon
Twitter @CharJGordon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You always make me smile, Miss Charmaine. I love your use of capital letters. Pregnancy, etc. What a gal!