Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday - What She Was Before - Featuring Elizabeth Shore #MFRWauthor

1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?
In my "day job" I work in the corporate world. The job itself hasn't influenced my writing, but working for a large company, as I do, means I meet some interesting people, and every one of them has a story to tell. So meeting and talking with people absolutely influences my writing. 


2 Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above.
I write in both contemporary and historical romance, and they tend to be either very sexy or erotic. I like other genres of romance but I don't think I'd be very good at writing them. I admire those who can spin a tale in a fantasy world built from scratch or keep reades on edge with a good romantic suspense. The only other genre that I'm thinking of exploring one day is horror. A big departure from romance for sure! But I'm intrigued by what scares us.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?
I think what I read surely influences what I write, but maybe it's more accurate to say it influences how I write. There's so much to be learned from great writers and I feel like when I read them I'm always learning. My favorite writing influences are Ian McEwan and Michael Cunningham, but there are many, many others. 


4. What's your latest release?
I have an upcoming book with The Wild Rose Press called Desire Rising, an erotic historical novella. I don't have a release date quite yet, although it should be within the next few months. Here's the blurb to give you a taste of what it's about:

An arranged marriage to a wealthy and titled landowner should have been a dream for Lucy Kirkby, providing advantages she’d otherwise never have. But when those dreams become a nightmare and she’s falsely accused of murder, she flees home with her heart in tatters, vowing never to love again. Like a phoenix rising from ashes, she sheds her innocence and emerges as savvy and sophisticated Catherine Sheffield, a woman who keeps her liaisons purely physical and her heart closely guarded.

Lord Miles Hawkins knew love once—and it nearly killed him. Finally rejoining society after grappling with his tragic past, Miles feeds his passionate hunger but keeps emotional attachment strictly off limits. His red hot affair with Catherine satisfies them both, until an urgent summons from her former life threatens to rip it all away. Miles realizes Catherine has awoken in him the desire to love again, and he’ll do whatever it takes for her to be in his life forever.


5. What are you working on now? I'm working on the second book of my Bayou contemporary erotic romance series, called Hot Bayou Fire. The characters are glass sculpture artist Chase Durand, who had a cameo appearance in Hot Bayou Nights, and computer network engineer Autumn Rivette. Chase was raised in a close, loving, freestyle, almost "hippee" type of family. Autumn grew up on the wrong side of the tracks without any family support, has had trouble with the law, and trusts only one person in the world - herself. They are two very different souls who come together when both are employed by a hotel preparing for a giant grand opening. It's fun bringing the two different types together and building a relationship between two people who you'd normally not think could be a couple.    


6. Where can we find you?
All of the usual places - Facebook, Twitter (@renaissance11), or my website, www.lizshore.com

No comments: