Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Tuesday's Inspiration - Writer's Block Be Gone #MFRWauthor


Writer's Block is something that at some time in a writer's career occurs. What begins as "I don't know where this story is going" to This story is a piece of the worst drivel." When this happens the tendency is to go in circles like being on one of those multi lane traffic circles and not being sure which lane will take you in the direction you want to go.

I once experienced the one that said "Hang up your computer and find a life." I stopped writing for a year. I wasn't happy during that time. So one day I sat down and began again with reading books such as Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott and also books about the techniques of writing. Now most people don't take this kind of a path and don't take a year to realize they're doing what they're supposed to be doing - writing.

The best thing I did during that time of blockage was to read those books and also to read books that I had loved and explore authors long lists of books. The other was just to live and suddenly I began to take notes about things I'd seen or that I'd read. Some erupted into poetry and others meant nothing. Soon the block had evaporated and I found the right lane to escape the circle.

No comments: