Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday - A Bit about Gianna Simone and Writing #MFRWauthor #writing


1.  What's your genre or do you write in more than one? 
I write in more than one, though I'm partial to historical. I also like to write paranormal, which encompasses anything from vampires, to magic, to sci-fi-ish, but the dark ages and medieval times are my favorite times to write in.

2. Did you choose your genre or did it choose you?
A little of both – a lot of my earliest romance reading was historical, and I was drawn to those times when I started really writing, because they were comfortable to me. And as my reading tastes evolved and changes, so did the ideas.

3.  Is there any genre you'd like to try?  Or is there one you wouldn't?
I don't think I'd enjoy writing inspirational romance – I'm not fond of reading the genre, so it doesn't do anything to motivate me to write in it. I haven't written any shifter stories, but the idea intrigues me. Maybe someday.

4.  What fiction do you read for pleasure?
Mostly romance, though I'll read anything Harry Potter related. :D

5.  Tell me a bit about yourself and how long you've been writing.
I've been writing almost my entire life – I've probably shared this in many places, but I wrote my first complete novel when I was 14, and I still have a bunch of the stories I wrote in elementary and middle school. I was always an extremely avid reader, I devoured tons of books each week, and I wrote stories about the characters in those books, or from TV shows, or my favorite musician of the time.
I don't get to read as much as I used to – a family and career will take its toll on free time, but I always make time for writing!

6.  Which of your characters is your favorite?
There are two – Royce and Gillian from Warrior's Possession. They first came to life with me about 20 years ago, and have always held a special place in my heart. I'm so happy they are finally out there, ready to face the world! :D

7.  Are there villains in your books and how were they created?
My villains tend to spring from the question, "Who hates the hero/heroine and why?" Once I have the why, it's not so hard to build the rest of their backstory. Sometimes the reason comes along with whoever I learn who the villain is. Truthfully, the villain rarely shows up until after the hero/heroine come to life.

8.  What are you working on now?
Currently, I have two WIP. I do this to myself every time, I never have just one project at a time. One is the next book in The Norsemen Sagas, and the other is book 4 in The Medieval Warrior's Legends series.

9.  What's your latest release and how did the idea arrive?
Warrior's Wrath is my most recent release, though it's actually a re-release. It's been revised and updated, and has a new cover, too! The idea for that story sprang out of the events toward the end of Warrior's Possession. Funny thing is, in their first release, Warrior's Possession originally came out after Wrath, as a prequel to the first two books. Now, they are in their proper order.

No comments: