Monday, August 1, 2016

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #writing #poem # reading

Meander 1  - Poem - Roller Coaster

Slowly clack the wheels on the track
Her body pushed into the seat
Heart pounding - Adrenalin released
For the thrill at the top of the hill.
Climb and inch
To the top - There she is!
And the bottom drops out
And she falls with a jerk
As the car starts to climb
With her stomach retrieved.
Blood rushing 0 Engorging hr veins
So she reaches to snatch
Another hill thrill and another down deep
But the ride has to end
Abd sge suts ub tge car,
Sixty seconds of fun
Artificial

And oh, she is low.

Meander 2 - At dinner last night we talked about earliest memories and if they had anything to do with our course in life. Mine was receiving my first library card at the age of three and reading for the librarian. This definitely meant I would be a reader but did it mean I would be a writer. Part of those memories was of spinning my own stories as I fell asleep at night. I still do this when I'm planning a story. Sometimes the story-telling continues for months before the story idea jells. So think of your earliest memories and has this concerned your present life.

Meander 2 - Writing. Right now I'm writing a love scene that has gone from a single sentence - They make love to several paragraphs. Now it has reached a page and will fill a few more. This story is coming to an end and the next one will start to make sense. But I'm still typing three projects while writing on one.

No comments: