Monday, September 12, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #poetry "Writing

Meander 1 - Poem - Tide Pool

The sea feels trapped
Pulled, pushed
Shoved against the shore
Rocks, earth and sand
Snatched back the other way.
Moon pulls the puppet strings
Directs an aimless dance.
Tides of emotions
Waves of fury spent
Nestling  in a tide pool
To find a brief respite
Before the moon tugs wires.

Meander 2 - Meetings - Today HVRWA chapter met and listened to one of our members practice the session she's going to do at the NJ conference. Lots of information and lots of suggestions. Giving one of these is hard and I'm wishing she will do well. I'm sure she will. Rest of the meeting went well and did some critiquing. Hopefully sent both of the writers on the right track.

Meander 3 - Writing - I'm reformatting stories for my publisher and this is a tedious job, especially since I want to make sure there are no mistakes. One of the stories had been edited I don't know how many times but I came across one that made me shake my head. Not picked up by the spell check. She gelt bad instead of she felt bad. Am progressing with the next of my Opposites book and so far, so good.

No comments: