Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday's Interview featuring James Di Benedetto #MFRWauthor #writing

1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?
I worked (and still do) in marketing.  Specifically, direct mail fundraising for a big national association.  But I've always been writing, since high school.  I just didn't try to make a go of it as a published author until about four years ago.  

I don't think my career really influences my writing, and sadly any skills I have in marketing at my day job haven't translated into being a marketing genius for my books yet.
2 Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above.
Nope.  I write about the characters that "come to me" and demand to be written about, and I tell their stories, whatever genre they are.  I'm honestly not even sure which subgenre my first series of books properly belongs in, because it touches several of them but doesn't really fall neatly into any one.   
3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?
Not really, because my favorite genres to read are science fiction and epic fantasy, and I've never written or really even had a great idea for a fantasy story.  I do have some ideas that would be science fiction, but I've never been able to figure out how to tell them as stories - I've never found the right point of view, or the key to "unlocking" any of them so that I could write them properly. 
4. What's your latest release?
My latest release is book #2 of my newest series, the Jane Barnaby Adventures.  They're suspense/thrillers, following an archaeology student who seems to always find herself mixed up in some sort of international intrigue.  The new book is LOSERS WEEPERS, and in it, Jane ends up having to unearth a 50 year old secret and unravel a plot that goes back to the Nazis.
5. What are you working on now?
I'm working on the next Jane book, tentatively titled HER BROTHER'S KEEPER.  Jane invites her brother on a vacation to Spain, and, as you might guess from the title, trouble ensues, which Jane must somehow get him out of. 
6. Where can we find you?
All over the internet!
My Amazon Author Page is http://viewAuthor.at/JJDiBenedetto

No comments: