Monday, December 26, 2016

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem #writing #Christmastree

Mander 1 - POem Lava Crab 2

With stern determination it fights against the tide.
A lava crab extends its claws
And digs into the porous rock.

The water splashes high and pulls with urging and with suction
To try and pull the crab
Into the drowning surf.

And such it is with life I find it to it we must dig
And cling with firm determination
Or else we're washed away.

Meander 2 - Christmas tree decorating. The tree is artificial since I can no longer stoop and kneel to water the fresh tree to keep it from losing it's needles. The artificial one comes with lights an help so no one is angry. The tree is seven and a half feet high. Now comes the fun. I have 350 ornaments to put on the tree. The task usually takes me three days. This year I found a perfect solution. The grandchildren came to the house while their parents went to play Trivia. I set them to putting up the ornaments. The glass ones I put aside for a taller person to place on the tree. The younger grandchildren were left with about three hundred. The oldest decided she would decorate the back of the tree. "Give me the ugly ones." These included Steeler huge balls and some ornaments that have grown old and tired. The youngest did some on the lower front then decided to lay on the floor and do the inside. The middle child spent time organizing the ornaments. All the disney ones had to be together. Then the Winnie the Pooh ones in another section. The grown granddaughter hung the angel on the top and all the dragon ornaments. She organized them plus the old glass ornaments. The tree is beautiful. I did hang the candy canes.

Meander 3 - Writing. Not as much done as I would have hoped because life intervened but I'm nearly finished with a draft of the Cancer Capricorn Connection. Typing progresses and there is a new idea but this will take much dream time before I'm ready to do much with it.

No comments: