Monday, April 17, 2017

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem #writing

Meander 1 - Poem - Lost Child

Lost child, where are you?
Where do you wander?
Worry fills me as I wonder
Where you go and how you live.
I would like to help you in life
Bur your pride is too deep.
Just remember I am waiting
And there is room for you here.
My heart is as wide as the world
And there's space for every person there.

Meander 2 - She'd. He'd. There is something about the 'd that pulls me out of a story every time I encounter one form. The 'd as in she'd could mean She had or it would mean She would. I usually slide past the ones calling for had but when the writer means would I am pulled from the story. Reading she'd meaning would stops me because it makes no sense. She'd rather leave. I stop and have to interpret the meaning. She had rather leave or she would rather leave. I'm so conscious of this lately that I now write would rather than use the 'd.

Meander 3 _ Writing - Still cleaning up all the older books to pur the new front and back material in them. I believe I have eighteen more to do. Hopefully I'll finish soon. Am in the possibility of cleaning up Murder and Mint tea for re-release with Books We Love. Am finding this a fun and sometimes tedious process. Catching the typos means reading every line. Adding and updating the first book I ever had published electronically can be fun. Take our the station wagons and put in SUVs or vans. Giving the heroine cell phone technology also is interesting. When this is done, there will only be nine more books to clean up.

No comments: