Monday, September 4, 2017

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWwauthor #poem #writing


Meander 1 - Poem - Grandfather

I close my eyes and again
I see your body lying like a doll.
A frozen dark clothed thing.
You didn't lie there.
I was sure.
I looked I turned away.
At six I knew you weren't there.
I went into the street to search
For a sign of my playmate, companion
Into other old faces I looked.
I thought I saw you
But I was fooled.
My grief was never soothed
Only put aside.

Meander 2 - Handedness - I thought I was right-handed. After all, that's how I write and eat. Then my left ahnd was confined to a brace and I discovered all I could not do. Open jars, cut vegetables, not to mention food to eat. A dozen other things I found very difficult. Typing one handed is hard. More like one finger. I type with my left hand and the middle finger of the right.

Meander 3 - Writing - Am into the alst of the re-write drafts of Sweet Tea. Then I will move to the final draft. Then it's off to start something new. Can't wait.

No comments: