Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday's Guest Seelie Kay Talks about Who She Was Before #MFRWauthor #Attorney #Journalist

1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?
I was and attorney and journalist. Since I write “sizzling short stories about lawyers in love, with a dash of kink,” obviously my more than 20 years in the legal world had an influence. Lawyers are quirky characters and so fun to write about!
2.      Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above. 
While I tend toward erotic or contemporary romance in general, many of my stories contain elements of fantasy, paranormal, suspense, and mystery.  For example, in Kinky Briefs, Quatro (set for release in early 2018), a law professor who is a former agent of an unnamed intelligence agency, gets caught up in some spy drama.  In Kinky Briefs, Too, a séance held in a courtroom brings in a bit of the paranormal.  I simply go where the characters take me!
3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 
Surprisingly, no.  I am a big fan of J.D. Robb (futuristic detective stories), James Patterson (Alex Cross series/crime) and Lisa Scottoline (women lawyers/crime). Romance writing is something new and different.
4. What's your latest release? 
A stocking stuffer, A Touchdown to Remember, was released Dec. 7.  Kinky Briefs, Quatro is set for release in January.
5. What are you working on now? 
I am actually trying to decide if I want to spin off some of the stories in the Kinky Briefs series into full-fledged novlss or continue with the short story collections.
6. Where can we find you? 
Twitter: SeelieKay

No comments: