Monday, February 5, 2018

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem #Deadlines #amwriting

Meander 1 - Poem - Farewell

I will not say goodbye, my friend.
For that's a final thing.
I'll bid you go and fortune come
To you with every day.
My eyes are dry. No tears will come.
I'm happy you are leaving
To experiences new and good.
I'm also glad you passed this way
And shared yourself with me.

Meander 2 - Deadlines - As a writer, I've often had deadlines but they were self imposed. When I finished a project I shipped it off to my publisher and soon it will appear. Now there are deadlines I didn't set. I must finish a project before April 1st. April fools day. According to my schedule, I won't finish until the eighteenth of the month so I must increase the pace.

Meander 3 - Writing. See above but I am progressing with my current project. The problem came when I was eight chapters in and realized I had to rewrite the book from the beginning. I could save much but what I really needed to do was figure a way to end the book so it wouldn't be an eternal struggle. I had to outline the last four scenes but I had to read the other eight to put things in prospective. Writing is not a career for the faint-hearted

No comments: