Monday, April 23, 2018

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #amwriting

Meander 1 - Poem - The Well 

My well of love is fathomless.
Come, stop and fill your cup.
This gift is given freely.
Come, stop, refresh yourself/
Bend over me and let your rope
Into my endless depths.
Drink deep, drink full and
Often return bring yourself to me.
For my well of love is bottomless.
Come, stop and take your fill.

Meander 2 - Retreat - The weekend was a fun time as well as a productive one. I managed to do the last scene of a chapter and outline the next. Then I did what I think is fun. Reading and critiquing other people;s work. I had two friends whose mss I read. Both good stories. Ones I hope to see published one day.  I suppose I could be an editor but I like writing more. Editing for friends gives me a chance to help others. That's fun too. As for the retreat. Great rooms. Long walks to get anywhere. Chatting  with friends and telling stories and hearing stories. Talking about the world of books and the trials and tribulations of being a writer. The support found is great. Writing is often a solitary event so reaching our and being with others away from the daily events is a great thing.

Meander 2 - Writing. Working on the Virgo Pisces Connection. It's a little ahrd to do two books in a series back to back but I want to finish this series so I will persist. What is fun about this series is each of the stories has a different bit. There are no repeats. So, I'm working hard but the rough draft is always slower since the need is to go from the beginning to the end and be organized.

No comments: